Rudyard Kipling, the renowned English writer and poet, had a unique way of expressing the profound love, respect, and importance of mothers through his words. His quotes about mothers are not just heartwarming, but they also offer deep insights into the irreplaceable role of a mother in our lives. This blog post will explore some of the most touching and thought-provoking quotes by Kipling on mothers.
- “God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.”
- This quote emphasizes the omnipresent and nurturing nature of mothers, likening them to divine beings.
- “An ounce of mother is worth a pound of clergy.”
- Kipling here highlights the immense value and influence of a mother, suggesting it surpasses even that of religious leaders.
- “If I were drowned in the deepest sea, Mother o’ mine, O mother o’ mine! I know whose tears would come down to me, Mother o’ mine, O mother o’ mine!”
- This quote from Kipling’s poem “Mother o’ Mine” expresses the deep and enduring love a mother has for her child, even in the face of the worst tragedies.
- “If I were hanged on the highest hill, Mother o’ mine, O mother o’ mine! I know whose love would follow me still, Mother o’ mine, O mother o’ mine!”
- Another line from “Mother o’ Mine,” this quote speaks to the unconditional love of a mother that persists even in the direst circumstances.
- “I have a dream – a dreadful dream – A dream that is never done. I watch a man go out of his mind, And he is My Mother’s Son.”
- This quote reflects the deep emotional connection between a mother and her child, and the pain a mother feels when her child suffers.
- “Old Mother Laidinwool had nigh twelve months been dead. She heard the hops was doing well, an’ so popped up her head.”
- This quote from one of Kipling’s poems portrays a mother’s enduring concern for her children, even beyond the grave.
Related: Rudyard Kipling Wolf Quote
Blog Post Conclusion
Rudyard Kipling’s quotes about mothers are a testament to the profound and enduring love, care, and influence that mothers have in our lives. His words beautifully encapsulate the essence of motherhood and serve as a reminder of the irreplaceable role mothers play. As we reflect on these quotes, let’s take a moment to appreciate the mothers in our lives and the invaluable lessons they’ve taught us.