There has never been such a thing, and here again… The thing is that every winter snow falls in the northern hemisphere. And for many people it becomes something unexpected. For some people it’s a pleasant surprise, but for others it’s not. For public services, that’s right. And, probably, not only janitors, but also many of us thought about where the snow comes from and why it is needed. Therefore, let’s take care of it with the help of quotes about the snow.
Short quotes about snow
- Snow makes cities innocent again, reveals the frailty of the human gesture against the void.―Glen duncan,
- The snow doesn’t give a soft white damn whom it touches.―E. E. Cummings,
- Snow is … The once upon a time of weather.―sean hurley
- The snow doesn’t give a soft white damn whom it touches.― E.E. Cummings
- The snow began to fall again, drifting against the windows, politely begging entrance and then falling with disappointment to the ground.― Jamie McGuire
- A lot of people like snow. I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water.― Carl Reiner
- Snow falling soundlessly in the middle of the night will always fill my heart with sweet clarity.― Novala Takemoto
- Silently, like thoughts that come and go, the snowflakes fall, each one a gem.― William Hamilton Gibson
- Snow provokes responses that reach back to childhood.― Andy Goldsworthdy
- There’s just something beautiful about walking in snow that nobody else has walked on. It makes you believe you’re special.― Carol Rifka Brunt
- The snow itself is lonely or, if you prefer, self-sufficient. There is no other time when the whole world seems composed of one thing and one thing only.― Joseph Wood Krutch
- Snowflakes are one of nature’s most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together.― Vista M. Kelly
- I leaned out one last time and caught a snowflake on my tongue. They tasted so good, so pure and so divine, like nothing I had ever tasted from the sky.― Shannon A. Thompson
- Snowmen fall from heaven……. unassembled.― unknown
- The snow is sparkling like a million little suns.― Lama Willa Miller
- Be like snow – cold, but beautiful.― Lana Del Rey
- Snowflakes are kisses from heaven.― unknown
- When snow falls, nature listens.― Antoinette van Kleef
- January brings the snow, makes our feet and fingers glow.― Sara Coleridge
- The very fact of snow is such an amazement.― Roger Ebert
- A snowman is the perfect man. He’s very well rounded and comes with his own broom.― unknown
- With every falling flake, a unique spark of interest falls from heaven.― P. Miller
- The wonder of a single snowflake outweighs the wisdom of a million meteorologists.― unknown
- Nature is full of genius, full of the divinity; so that not a snowflake escapes its fashioning hand.― Henry David Thoreau
- The snow did not even whisper its way to earth, but seemed to salt the night with silence.― Dean Koontz
- Snow makes cities innocent again, reveals the frailty of the human gesture against the void.― Glen Duncan
- Getting only an inch of snow is like winning a nickel in a poker game.―George moon
- The trouble with the last snowfall of the season is that you can’t be sure.―Doug larson
- So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their ending!― J. R. R. Tolkien
- A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.― Markus zusak, the book thief
Quotes are citations and now some information. So, let’s start with the fact that snow is a form of precipitation, which consists of the smallest crystals of frozen water.
The mechanism of snow formation is quite simple. Tiny droplets of water stick to dust particles and freeze while in the atmosphere.
Around one million droplets of water are needed to form a single snowflake. As a result, ice crystals are formed that do not exceed 0.1 millimeters in diameter and fall under gravity and increase as a result of condensation of air humidity.
The biggest known to people snowflake was recorded on January 28, 1887 during a snowfall in the American state of Montana. It had a diameter of 38 centimeters. Normal snowflakes have about 5 millimeters in diameter with a mass of 0.004 grams.
Beautiful quotes about snow
From the snow quotes, back to the facts. Snow played a very important role in the life of the Earth – it was with the beginning of snowfalls and the appearance of snow-covered surfaces that the temperature of the planet’s hot volcanic processes began to decrease. Thanks to this, the planet has a climate suitable for life.
If it weren’t for snowfalls, the Earth would have been hot and uninhabitable.
Snow quotes with meaning
As hard as it is to find two identical quotes about snow, there are really no two identical snowflakes in nature. This conclusion was reached in 1880, when the American photographer Wilson Alvin Bentley tried to make a catalog of snowflakes.
His first photo was taken on January 15, 1885. Since that day, he took pictures of more than 5 thousand snowflakes, and began to study them together with his friend, Professor of Natural History George Perkins. It was Bentley and Perkins who were the first to say that there are no two identical snowflakes.
Modern scientists have gone further and with the help of mathematical formulas prove that the number of variants of snowflake forms is greater than the number of atoms in the observed human part of the universe.
Statements about snow
Everybody is sure that the snow is exclusively white. But in fact, the snow is bluish. Its bluish shade is especially noticeable in the shade, in the twilight, as well as in deep depressions.
But this is not necessarily the case. In the highlands of the California Sierra Nevada Ridge, for example, snow is often pink. This shade is due to the presence of algae particles containing red pigment astaxanthin. Even the black snowfall that occurred in Switzerland on Christmas Day 1969 is known in history.
By the way, the Eskimos have up to 24 shades of snow and the Sámi have 41 shades of snow. Nobody even counted about the snow quotations…
And, of course, everyone knows it’s snowing in winter. So here’s another set of quotes about winter.